Financial Accountant Maternity Cover
About AMCK Aviation
AMCK Aviation is a partnership-driven aircraft leasing company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with regional offices in Tokyo, Japan and Irvine, USA. AMCK Aviation was created from merging the established leasing platforms of Accipiter and MCAP to create a highly professional and expert global lessor. We focus on best in class service and innovative solutions for our customers and partners across the full aircraft and economic cycle.
With a fleet of 142 aircraft with a total value of US$6bn under management – and a further 30 committed aircraft, including an orderbook with Airbus – AMCK is firmly placed in the top aircraft leasing companies globally.
About the role
Reporting to the VP, Finance, the successful candidate will form part of the Finance function in AMCK and will be responsible for the following key areas.
- Preparing and reviewing monthly management accounts and management reporting pack including single entity accounts and consolidation of group SPV accounts.
- Preparing and reviewing quarterly and annual group reporting packs in line with Group template.
- Maintaining schedules for each of the major balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Preparing and reviewing annual financial statements at group and single entity level under IFRS.
- Responsibility for the statutory audit process at group and single entity level.
- Ongoing liaison with auditors, bankers, lawyers and other transaction parties.
- Assisting in the budgeting and forecasting process and performing variance analysis on budgeted v actual.
- Maintenance of the bank accounts, including preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Ensuring all tax filings, regulatory and ad-hoc reporting is completed in accordance with regulatory and deal requirements.
- Providing support to the other functions within the Finance department and throughout the company, including project related work and/or providing information for legal, technical asset management, investment strategy and commercial.
- Reviewing new lease, loan and transaction agreements. Liaising with external auditors and internal teams regarding the accounting treatment of new deals.
- Management of accounting for external financing, including hedge accounting.
- Assisting in the preparation of reports and analysis for Board of Directors.
- Performing annual/bi-annual impairment review of assets in line with IAS 36.
- Assist in the continuing development of a robust financial control framework for the company.
- Other various ad hoc reporting and modelling projects.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACA / ACCA)
- Prior experience in the audit or accounting function of Aircraft Leasing or SPV entities would be a significant advantage
- A strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and financial and regulatory reporting requirements
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Candidates from a “Big 4” background with exposure to financial services will also be strongly considered