AVP / Manager Credit Risk
Overview of the company
AMCK Aviation is a partnership driven aircraft leasing company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with regional offices in Tokyo, Japan and Irvine, USA. We focus on best in class service and innovative solutions, to long term stability for our customers and partners across the full aircraft and economic cycle.
With 142 aircraft of total value or circa US$6bn under management– and a further 30 committed aircraft, including an orderbook with Airbus – AMCK is firmly placed in the top aircraft leasing companies globally. Harnessing a seasoned global team with extensive experience, AMCK is poised for its next phase of growth.
Overview of Role
- Credit risk analysis on an existing portfolio of airlines;
- Due diligence on airlines to assess suitability for new or repeat business;
- Build on existing airline relationships and develop new relationships as a risk team member;
- Monitoring and reporting of information in the general aviation environment, to efficiently monitor the market dynamic and specific airline issues that arise;
- Helping drive portfolio management and actively manage and mitigate risks with the portfolio.
- Monitoring existing customers in the portfolio to ensure the relationship remains strong and
performs, maintaining an uninterrupted credit rating by the company, indicating it is acceptable to do and continue to do business with the customer;
- Preparing internal documentation required for the purposes of internal annual review or quarterly update.
- Identifying, monitoring and reporting problem airlines in the portfolio to senior management and where required, work as part of the internal team to resolve the issues;
- Conducting due diligence meetings with new or existing customers to assess their suitability for business;
- Representing risk in internal Deal Teams, to discuss suitability of new transactions, existing transactions or restructurings and help formulate Deal Team recommendation;
- Preparing all necessary approval documentation (including Approval Committee applications and others) for new and/or restructured transactions;
- Helping to co-ordinate the progression of transactions through: counterparty due diligence, credit analysis and internal rating, preparation of credit submissions and systems management, liaising with the company’s business functions, post-closing co-operation with technical and legal.
- Monitoring the economic environment in each region with attention paid to the impact on airline profitability and risk profile of lessees;
- Playing a key role in the quarterly risk analysis of the portfolio, working with the rest of the risk team to guide the risk assessment and report internally.
- Other credit/risk duties required from time to time, including providing cover or support for colleagues and the preparation of ad hoc notes and other papers;
- Works extensively with other business functions within the Company generally to facilitate the efficient execution of transactions;
- The role will be required to travel.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Previous Credit analysis experience in an analytical role and financial environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong communication, presentation and reporting skills.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working within aircraft leasing or aviation and knowledge of the market dynamics.
- Knowledge of aviation finance and lease transactions structures is also desirable.
- Aviation related qualification.
- Strong attention to detail with enthusiasm to work in a team environment.
- Should be capable of working under own initiative.
- Willingness and capability to travel